Skip to main content

Pawna lakeside camping (Day 1)

Homeschool experience for our kid led us to understand the importance of small meaningful trips in the wild. We had been staying in a tent that had attached bathroom in the midst of a dessert during our Rajasthan trip but this one was such a raw experience.

We were done with our morning routine and headed to lonavala at around 11. Listening to old songs that i love chorusing along, we reached Kailash Parbat for a lunch hault. H enjoyed homemade puranpoli that his granny made.
At Kailash Parbat

The weather was cold enough and H was happy to find a baby next table to play with. From here our journey was full of rough roads and yet we enjoyed looking at the scenes it had to offer.

Farmer with his bullocks

A farmer was ploughing his land which caught baby H's eyes. He realized we have reached another side of the world already. The tropical flowers and shrubs that H kept visiting were part of his love for colors.

Pawna Lake, Thakursai

Pretty Purple Flowers

Yellow flowers that bloom together

Red bumps on the leaves

Ark or mandar or crown flower

sky blue plumbago flower

Time was not a constraint. We could stop and ponder and repeat till the end of our curiosity. It was our motive to encourage slow and meaningful experiences of life. 

He was on top of his excitement to spot a Moringa tree. He loves 'Saragvo'(in gujarati) so much so that he can eat it daily.

Moringa Tree

Purple flowers
Enroute we saw a small resort, that offered horse-ride. It was expensive for the ride but who can stop H when it comes to horses. His questions that were unanswered... why does the horse neighs? why does the water sparkle? what makes it ripple? We encourage self learning through curiosity.

Baby H on a Punjabi Ghoda, Veera

Lohgadh Resort

Absolutely eye catching
When we reached the camp it was already the checkin time. At 4pm they allotted us the tent and off we ran to the shimmering lake water to dip and drip. 

We ate the pakoda and chai that is currently one of my comfort foods, right at the banks. The water was crystal clear and the wind was crazy. 

Hubby was hesitant to get in... thats just opposite his nature, but no questions asked as we were all lost in our own timezone.

dip dip

what if i could fly

his creation with the rocks and sand

Oh so cold...

Get busy, get real

soothing rock therapy


Never seen a lake sunset
captured by our son, when we were lost in the conversation within

 Playing games at the camp was one way to reconnect with our inner child. We had promised not to use the internet till we reach back home and here we had ample of options. Badminton, carom, archery, cricket, volleyball, football, dart game... 

H learnt to play a few games but he enjoyed the most, picking up and passing the shuttle or the arrow that fell. He would encourage us to play better and it would make us laugh how he wants to imitate us.



Carrying Hem on my back and singing songs of the wild, took us to the story book page of 'Room on the broom'. When I started feeling cold, H would relate to the book I read to him 'grandma Bubba's warm shawl'. He found two stems of water reed and used it as a Knitting needles to make me a warm cap. 

He danced like a peacock and tried to imitate the Arangetram performance he saw a month back. 

I needed nothing to keep him busy. I needed nothing to teach him Life. It was all through Love and acceptance that we settled on a happy evening.




We were served Barbecue and listen to the live music performance. H would walk over the wooden stumps that lay by the bonfire and play with his boomerang while listening to the Bollywood songs. 

He ate some home cooked food as dinner. By this time H was sleepy and he slept like a baby in the cozy little tent. He asked me if he could dance with me during live performance. I knew he wanted to but he was too tired that he could. 

We were served special Jain thali that had roti, veg kurma, dal, rice, gulab jamun, salad, papad and a starter.
H playing by the bonfire

Live music performance

The Bonfire
The bonfire was lit and we sat there warming our hands and feet. I saw the starlit sky and wished this day didn't end. Silence was magical and so my eyes closed to enjoy the dreams I could dream.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lets go seed collecting

This is a post on how something that interested me so much got passed down to my son naturally. Nature always interested me although staying in Bangalore for a couple of years made it evoke.  I started noticing various fruit trees in my locality like coconut, papaya, jackfruit, pomegranate, fig and banana. It was surprising to me how food was grown in some households. The beauty of various seasons was much prominent in HSR Layout, making me exploring more about other trees and searching them on google. Few months ago I was much frustrated by my son's rag picking all day. He would stop at various intervals on our way to pick up things like tobacco wrappers or used plastic bottles from the roadside. While in the park he would keep searching for chips packets or used lollipop sticks. I was worried about his health and overall his habit. I would explain him with logic and multiple repetition, yet no gain. I myself was frustrated with so many NOs to him. I thought there need to

Pawna Lakeside Camping (Day 2)

Next morning I could wake before the birds chirped. It was gloomy and fog lay on the banks. I was trying to figure out east while reminding me where the sun set to the west.  The boys were still sleeping and my eyes was wide awake wanting to soak in more of this beauty. After the sun rose and my son rose... We all did a group hug and headed to the play area.  H made few friends and we had poha, chai and bread muskah for breakfast. The Resort people were kind enough to serve warm milk for my son. Hello Sun H starting to interest in photography New friends H was keen in exploring the place more. He showed me some red chilly plants, a sugarcane grass and few grasshoppers over a Chikoo tree. We spotted a green cocoon, a praying mantis and a grasshopper. Chilly Chili Sugarcane Stages of Butterfly Now you see me A Praying Mantis Today was the day to leave. Its very tough for my son to accept end of any event, be it school or visit to his Nani's pla