Skip to main content

A weekend at a Farmhouse

During the extra-long lockdown, we had an opportunity to visit one of our family’s farmhouse. 3 hours from our home, somewhere in the fog city of igatpuri lay this amazing nature rescue.

Paddy fields


The place was mesmerizing with hills and paddy farms surrounding us. The early morning sun shone right in front of the verandah that our room was attached to. It was foggy every morning and clouds all day long so never did we feel the October heat. We hardly felt like staying in our luxurious rooms. I being a nature lover, enjoyed roaming around the fields, the flowering shrubs that beautified the paths and a machan to overlook till your eyesight would reach. 


Everyday view

The sleeping beauty mountain


The mountain, the river, the fields, the well, the hand pump, the insects, the flowers and the cattle were the topic of learning for my homeschooled kid. He had a friend to accompany him all day long. She was a year older than him, yet they both did compliment each other in many ways. We played Life, Uno and name 5. We song rhymes and made a few songs to suit our modes. They played with paint, drew in the mud, ran to catch each other making imaginary sounds of the crab they saw in the hole. They squeezed juices of oranges and sweet lime and drank it fresh. Played in the river water and played nature bingo, spotting waterfalls, dam, flowers, furry sheeps over the hills. Lazing on the machan and making friends with strangers. 


by the river


You got a friend in me

experiences echo

Cheers to the hardwork

another bloom

love these lovelies

A pretty Butterfly

A crab

A chameleon

My priority was to relax and that was exactly this place offered. I also wanted to spend quality time with my kid and hubby, read a book, enjoy the beauty of nature and eat yummy food. My checklist had been met and left me leave this place with lots of lovely memories. 


Such clear water


Early morning read


Authentic maharashtrian breakfast


Chilling by the riverfront


Some of the never before experiences were

  • Sitting by a mango tree, slightly submerged in river water, to watch the sun set and humming to my favorite songs.
  • Watching an injured snake in the middle of the road that was lifted with its tail by a villager and took to a place where it could be healed. 
  • Aarti at Manas mandir, Shahapur.
  • Having authentic (jain)misal pav! Seriously!
  • Walking through a river stream
  • Playing carrom board and Jenga(knowing my brother’s very personal experiences through this game.)


The plus part is the property is maintained by a Resort. So the security and maintenance is taken care of. I loved the basic amenities that they offered. An indoor game room that was also used as a small event hall, the caravan music player they had in each rooms instead of a TV, the kids play area was superb, the bicycle ride that you can hire for no cost. 


Digital detox box is a must have on every dining table

 


at the play room 


It seems that lockdown has taught us to value the real essence of life. The Nature, the family bonds and the ease of city life. 



The Yogis

Walking through a stream


My happy walk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pawna lakeside camping (Day 1)

Homeschool experience for our kid led us to understand the importance of small meaningful trips in the wild. We had been staying in a tent that had attached bathroom in the midst of a dessert during our Rajasthan trip but this one was such a raw experience. We were done with our morning routine and headed to lonavala at around 11. Listening to old songs that i love chorusing along, we reached Kailash Parbat for a lunch hault. H enjoyed homemade puranpoli that his granny made. At Kailash Parbat The weather was cold enough and H was happy to find a baby next table to play with. From here our journey was full of rough roads and yet we enjoyed looking at the scenes it had to offer. Farmer with his bullocks A farmer was ploughing his land which caught baby H's eyes. He realized we have reached another side of the world already. The tropical flowers and shrubs that H kept visiting were part of his love for colors. Pawna Lake, Thakursai Pretty Purple Flowers Ye

Lets go seed collecting

This is a post on how something that interested me so much got passed down to my son naturally. Nature always interested me although staying in Bangalore for a couple of years made it evoke.  I started noticing various fruit trees in my locality like coconut, papaya, jackfruit, pomegranate, fig and banana. It was surprising to me how food was grown in some households. The beauty of various seasons was much prominent in HSR Layout, making me exploring more about other trees and searching them on google. Few months ago I was much frustrated by my son's rag picking all day. He would stop at various intervals on our way to pick up things like tobacco wrappers or used plastic bottles from the roadside. While in the park he would keep searching for chips packets or used lollipop sticks. I was worried about his health and overall his habit. I would explain him with logic and multiple repetition, yet no gain. I myself was frustrated with so many NOs to him. I thought there need to

Pawna Lakeside Camping (Day 2)

Next morning I could wake before the birds chirped. It was gloomy and fog lay on the banks. I was trying to figure out east while reminding me where the sun set to the west.  The boys were still sleeping and my eyes was wide awake wanting to soak in more of this beauty. After the sun rose and my son rose... We all did a group hug and headed to the play area.  H made few friends and we had poha, chai and bread muskah for breakfast. The Resort people were kind enough to serve warm milk for my son. Hello Sun H starting to interest in photography New friends H was keen in exploring the place more. He showed me some red chilly plants, a sugarcane grass and few grasshoppers over a Chikoo tree. We spotted a green cocoon, a praying mantis and a grasshopper. Chilly Chili Sugarcane Stages of Butterfly Now you see me A Praying Mantis Today was the day to leave. Its very tough for my son to accept end of any event, be it school or visit to his Nani's pla