How to be Mentally Strong?
Ami Morin is a therapist and has written the bestseller "13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do". I haven't read the book but I have heard her tedx talk. Here is the guidance by Amy Morin and my notes on them.
Believe in yourself
- We usually have certain beliefs about ourselves that are developed during our childhood. Like I am lazy to finish any task, I am an angry person, I am only good to people for certain amount of time etc. These are the statements usually by my key person, my guardian or my mom. I do feel offended when she says so but I accept it like a blind faith.
- If I try to say good things about myself and prove with incidences I can regain faith in my efforts, in myself. That will make me HAPPY.
- Daily Gratification is a good habit I will cultivate. It will surely make me feel special and thankful for what i have.
- Achieving my goals will elevate my faith in myself.
Dont Compare yourself
- We find ourselves comparing with our friends and acquaintances on social media sites like Facebook, Instagram and Whatsapp. Although we stalk them just so that we know what we are missing on. This leads to grief in the end.
- Our only comparison should be ourself. I can make a journal of my improvement and graph my goals. This will definitely make me Happy.
- In the end nobody is more important than ME. Self Love is must for social wellbeing.
Don't Expect From Others
- When we say that the world isn't fair, we mean we were not ready for the situation. But Life is uncertain. Anything can happen anytime. A death, a calamity, an illness, a sudden loss… We can’t be prepared for everything but we can certainly say “This Too Shall Pass”.
- The ultimate truth is that everything is cured by time. Only not letting it go delays the cure. Cursing the world or the person or the situation would worsen the situation.
- Self Pity would blind us and we won't be able to come out of the sorrow.