Skip to main content

Most men in traditional Indian families live life of parasites

One of my colleague proposed a different caste girl for marriage. Impressed by her confidence, self drive and intelligence with beauty, he feel in love. But when it comes to marriage, in India, people who live with orthodox family members are more calculative. Moreover they are afraid, afraid of change and afraid of the constant nagging from family and society. The girl he proposed, preferred not to stay with his parents. Not because she had issues with them but because she wanted to live for herself, I don't find anything wrong in that. The act to serve elders should be out of respect and less compelling or forceful. I am sure, very few traditional thinking Indians would agree to this. Others would agree but just to show off.

Have you thought of the reasons?
  • Elders have been doing this since ages.. It is hard to change the age old practise.
  • Some elderly women have been compelled to provide service and now they expect the same to be done by the next generation.
  • The Men are so comfortably made to enjoy the service, they are selfish enough to bring any change.
  • Even the elder women have taught their kids and grand kids as well as expected to give service to the men.
Why would have my colleague not got married with the girl? It may be any of the above reasons!

These men are so accustomed to the pampering and luxury that its difficult for anyone to reject. If I were at their place, may be I would have no difference. They are meant to talk about social issues, their business and politics. The Women are asked to do all the toiling. They are treated like guests in others house but the female is expected to help the other females.
If my husband would pick up his soiled plate after dinner, it may be shocking for our old guests. One of my same age relative told me that he would never help his mom in the kitchen until he got married. It was then he realised how much he took his mom for granted. I believe it was never his fault. He wasn't expected to take care of his mom, even his mom would enjoy serving him like a prince.

I have heard that in foreign countries both the partners work for living and they share household work too. This may surprise many here. The people around me here are different. Many working-women after marriage in my locality cook dinner all alone or clean plates even after their hard work day.

My assumption is, in the old age women didn't have as many opportunities as they have now. Women are softhearted and they too deserve respect and acknowledgement of their work. Now is the time when the parasites will have to adjust a little if they want to still enjoy the luxury. Many females will start opting for neutral family! After all who likes to be slave?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pawna lakeside camping (Day 1)

Homeschool experience for our kid led us to understand the importance of small meaningful trips in the wild. We had been staying in a tent that had attached bathroom in the midst of a dessert during our Rajasthan trip but this one was such a raw experience. We were done with our morning routine and headed to lonavala at around 11. Listening to old songs that i love chorusing along, we reached Kailash Parbat for a lunch hault. H enjoyed homemade puranpoli that his granny made. At Kailash Parbat The weather was cold enough and H was happy to find a baby next table to play with. From here our journey was full of rough roads and yet we enjoyed looking at the scenes it had to offer. Farmer with his bullocks A farmer was ploughing his land which caught baby H's eyes. He realized we have reached another side of the world already. The tropical flowers and shrubs that H kept visiting were part of his love for colors. Pawna Lake, Thakursai Pretty Purple Flowers Ye

Lets go seed collecting

This is a post on how something that interested me so much got passed down to my son naturally. Nature always interested me although staying in Bangalore for a couple of years made it evoke.  I started noticing various fruit trees in my locality like coconut, papaya, jackfruit, pomegranate, fig and banana. It was surprising to me how food was grown in some households. The beauty of various seasons was much prominent in HSR Layout, making me exploring more about other trees and searching them on google. Few months ago I was much frustrated by my son's rag picking all day. He would stop at various intervals on our way to pick up things like tobacco wrappers or used plastic bottles from the roadside. While in the park he would keep searching for chips packets or used lollipop sticks. I was worried about his health and overall his habit. I would explain him with logic and multiple repetition, yet no gain. I myself was frustrated with so many NOs to him. I thought there need to

Pawna Lakeside Camping (Day 2)

Next morning I could wake before the birds chirped. It was gloomy and fog lay on the banks. I was trying to figure out east while reminding me where the sun set to the west.  The boys were still sleeping and my eyes was wide awake wanting to soak in more of this beauty. After the sun rose and my son rose... We all did a group hug and headed to the play area.  H made few friends and we had poha, chai and bread muskah for breakfast. The Resort people were kind enough to serve warm milk for my son. Hello Sun H starting to interest in photography New friends H was keen in exploring the place more. He showed me some red chilly plants, a sugarcane grass and few grasshoppers over a Chikoo tree. We spotted a green cocoon, a praying mantis and a grasshopper. Chilly Chili Sugarcane Stages of Butterfly Now you see me A Praying Mantis Today was the day to leave. Its very tough for my son to accept end of any event, be it school or visit to his Nani's pla